Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make a macro compatible with Confluence Cloud mobile app?

Mohamed Mohamedin January 22, 2019

Hi,

Currently, our macro doesn't show in Confluence Cloud mobile app and show a button to open in the browser. The same applies to many macros including Atlassian ones like Trello and Activity Stream.

Is there any way to make our macro compatible?

I found an article regarding Confluence Server (https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/preparing-for-the-confluence-server-mobile-app/) but nothing for the Cloud

1 answer

0 votes
Tobias Anstett _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

Hi @Mohamed Mohamedin,

Is your macro providing a static render mode as described in https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/modules/macro-render-modes/

I have not tried it out so far so I would be also interested in the results.

Best, Tobias

Mohamed Mohamedin January 23, 2019

Hi Tobias,

Yes, we have the default static render mode and our macros render as images in export formats such as word or pdf. But it doesn't work in the mobile app

Tobias Anstett _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2019

Then I am not aware of any solution :(

Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2022

Does anyone know if there is plans from Atlassian Team to implement a solution for 3rd party macros for Confluence Mobile App?

Andreas Purde
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2022
Like Lukas Gotter _ Meetical likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events