It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I let users create space templates without granting space admin rights?

Hi,

I would like to let people create some templates within a space in confluence 5.0, but I do not want to grant them full space admin rights.

Is there a possibility to just grant rights to specific users to create a space template? Or a global template?

Thx a lot

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

solution: admin transfers personal space template to become a space or gloabl template.

Hello Simon,

I have to be honest with you, unfortunately the user needs to have space admin rights. One other option here would to try some customization, but probably this would require sme development and it's not so simple. If you want to try a customization I would suggest you to make a contact with an Atlassian Expert, that is a kind of certified partner able to provide assistance with customizations, you can contact them by the following:

http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts

Kind Regards,

LJ.

Ok, thx for the answer.

What about: I let someone create a template in their personal space (where they have the ability to create templates) and then as an admin grab this template and make it available for a specific space (or as a global template)? Would this be possible?

Thx, Simon

Luiz - Is there any way to give LIMITED space admin rights. I have a user that needs to create templates for many of our spaces, but that is the ONLY space admin right they should have, nothing else.

Like # people like this

Please advise on comment of September 18. Thanks.

I would like to request this ticket be looked at for a future enhancement for Confluence Cloud. It would be VERY helpful to have, in the Space Permissions tab, a column added in along with "All (View) / Pages (Add, Delete) / Blog (Add, Delete) / Comments (Add, Delete) / Attachments (Add, Delete) / Restrictions (Add, Delete) / Mail (Delete) / Space (Export, Admin)" an option for "Content Tools (Add, Edit, Delete)"

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,466 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you