Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I let users create space templates without granting space admin rights?

simon semrau April 8, 2013

Hi,

I would like to let people create some templates within a space in confluence 5.0, but I do not want to grant them full space admin rights.

Is there a possibility to just grant rights to specific users to create a space template? Or a global template?

Thx a lot

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
simon semrau April 24, 2013

solution: admin transfers personal space template to become a space or gloabl template.

1 vote
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

Hello Simon,

I have to be honest with you, unfortunately the user needs to have space admin rights. One other option here would to try some customization, but probably this would require sme development and it's not so simple. If you want to try a customization I would suggest you to make a contact with an Atlassian Expert, that is a kind of certified partner able to provide assistance with customizations, you can contact them by the following:

http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts

Kind Regards,

LJ.

simon semrau April 14, 2013

Ok, thx for the answer.

What about: I let someone create a template in their personal space (where they have the ability to create templates) and then as an admin grab this template and make it available for a specific space (or as a global template)? Would this be possible?

Thx, Simon

loretta rinaldi September 17, 2013

Luiz - Is there any way to give LIMITED space admin rights. I have a user that needs to create templates for many of our spaces, but that is the ONLY space admin right they should have, nothing else.

Like # people like this
loretta rinaldi October 2, 2013

Please advise on comment of September 18. Thanks.

Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

I would like to request this ticket be looked at for a future enhancement for Confluence Cloud. It would be VERY helpful to have, in the Space Permissions tab, a column added in along with "All (View) / Pages (Add, Delete) / Blog (Add, Delete) / Comments (Add, Delete) / Attachments (Add, Delete) / Restrictions (Add, Delete) / Mail (Delete) / Space (Export, Admin)" an option for "Content Tools (Add, Edit, Delete)"

Like # people like this
Doron Gill March 16, 2021

indeed ridiculous. in order to enable one person to edit one template I need to give that person the keys to the entire castle...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events