How can I integrate scaffold, metadata, and reporting-plugin?

Adam Adam July 7, 2011

Over the last year my company has adopted Confluence 3.4.9 as a collaboration tool used by our engineers and project managers to keep track of projects, and overall a place to share data.

Unfortunately the way the system was setup 99% of the users do not have the ability to add templates, nor do we have the ability to administer the space in anyway. Getting templates, plugins, macros added can be painful and cumbersome.

So, with that said, I have a project that I am trying to create a case tracking tool in confluence using scaffold to standardize the pages, metadata to store some key fields, and reporting plugin to display the cases.

Unfortunately, since I don't have access to add a template, I am forced to use the add-page macro with the source keyword to copy a page as the source. When I do this, it shows me the wiki markup language, then when I click save it says page not found. I found that when I surround the entire page with the scaffold macro, it does work to save as a new page, however the the meta data becomes unreadable from the reporting plugin.

So,

Is there anyway to have a reporting plugin have access to the metadata (including text-filter) to display reports while having the scaffold based page able to be copied?

1 answer

0 votes
NielsJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2011

Hi Adam,

providing some metadata, the {metadata-list} macro could help you. But be warned: No more meta data available in CF > 4! So do not base your company's business intelligence on that :-D

Regards,
Niels

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events