How can I include documents from other Confluence Server Instances or Cloud Accounts?

Casey Meijer May 2, 2018

The include page macro doesn't seem to work across accounts. 

How do we do this, for example to reference the documentation from another organization?

1 answer

1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2018

Hi Casey,

Did you add the other instances to your Application Link? Not sure though it will work between Server and Cloud instances.

Casey Meijer May 3, 2018

I think you misunderstand. I don't want to link an application (nor can I as it's external/ not our application).  I just want to pull content from other confluence-based documentation for reference purposes. 

Best I can do now (it seems) is export to PDF and upload as an attachment, but this would need to be repeated any time the external documentation changes :( 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2018

Hi Casey,

App Link suggestion is to make the apps talk to each other so that you can reference between instances but since it is external then it is not an option.

Will you be open to learn about a plugin that may help with your task(not advertising for any company ;) )?

Will it be ok?

Casey Meijer May 4, 2018

Happy to hear it if there's a plugin available!

Seems to me it should really be core functionality, but maybe I just need to file a Bug report to get this prioritized. 

Casey Meijer May 4, 2018

Suggestion filed here

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2018

oh I see the ticket.

Here is the Universal Plugin for confluence but i think your request is more to include some information from other instances

Casey Meijer May 4, 2018

Oh cool; looks like a great plugin, but you're right, doesn't quite address my issue :) Thanks Fadoua!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2018

My pleasure @Casey Meijer I wish I could help more!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events