How can I identify a blank user on Page View Insights?

Gulshan Kirat December 18, 2019

Our team is reviewing analytics and we noticed when we look at user activity there are a few "blank" users and we would like to have a way to identify where they are coming from. The users in the list are not clickable and I have tried inspecting the page elements to look for clues in the code, but have had no luck. I've attached a screenshot with an example. 

Confluence.png

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2019

Hello Gulshan,

Thanks for your question! Since this is on Confluence Cloud, I think it might be that those users are those who have had their accounts removed due to GDPR. Have you had anyone with an account on your site have their account removed?

Regards,

Shannon

Gulshan Kirat January 2, 2020

Thanks for getting back to me. We remove access when people leave the company, but the number of blank users on this report is much higher than the people who have been removed.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2020

Gulshan,

Thank you for replying.

With GDPR, as long as the user isn't a managed account, they can request for Atlassian to delete the Atlassian ID associated with their email address.

However, your screenshot doesn't match the Atlassian Page Analytics that's included with Cloud Premium.

If a user is anonymous or removed due to GDPR, they will look like this:

CleanShot 2020-01-03 at 12.03.41.png

Yours is showing as Page View Insights, so I think you might be using an add-on. It looks very similar to the add-on called Page View Analytics for Confluence Cloud. If you happen to be using that add-on, I would recommend that you reach out to them directly, and they will be able to tell you who those blank users are.

Regards,

Shannon 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events