Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get stats on page views without Confluence Usage Status (which is disabled for Cloud) and without having to buy a plug-in.

Eli_Doll November 15, 2016

We are using Confluence Cloud and cannot enable Confluence Usage Stats. Want to be able to obtain stats on page views without having to buy any plug-in. How can we do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

Short answer: You can't.

Lots of people want this, hence all of the plugins that do it are paid-for and not free.  I don't know why Atlassian won't allow Cloud customers to see usage stats but they don't, so this is (a well-hidden and unexpected) part of the cost of Cloud.

Potentially you could build your own analytics engine that tracks page views, time on page, etc, but that's a big undertaking.

(In case someone asks why you can't use Google Analytics, it's because you have to add a tracking code to every page and you can't do that in Confluence Cloud.)

1 vote
Eli_Doll November 16, 2016

Thank you Rob, this confirms my initial investigation. I will raise it as a request (if it one doesn't already exist) and if enough people vote for it Atlassian hopefully will consider it.

Federico Olmus June 5, 2017

Hi, Eli, did you submit a request I'd like to upvote it if its out there.

Thanks!

0 votes
Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

For anyone who is willing to try an add-on we've created one that gives an overview of activity, stats on page views and much more.

You can find more details here: Analytics for Confluence Cloud

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events