How can I get stats on page views without Confluence Usage Status (which is disabled for Cloud) and without having to buy a plug-in.

We are using Confluence Cloud and cannot enable Confluence Usage Stats. Want to be able to obtain stats on page views without having to buy any plug-in. How can we do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Short answer: You can't.

Lots of people want this, hence all of the plugins that do it are paid-for and not free.  I don't know why Atlassian won't allow Cloud customers to see usage stats but they don't, so this is (a well-hidden and unexpected) part of the cost of Cloud.

Potentially you could build your own analytics engine that tracks page views, time on page, etc, but that's a big undertaking.

(In case someone asks why you can't use Google Analytics, it's because you have to add a tracking code to every page and you can't do that in Confluence Cloud.)

Thank you Rob, this confirms my initial investigation. I will raise it as a request (if it one doesn't already exist) and if enough people vote for it Atlassian hopefully will consider it.

Hi, Eli, did you submit a request I'd like to upvote it if its out there.

Thanks!

For anyone who is willing to try an add-on we've created one that gives an overview of activity, stats on page views and much more.

You can find more details here: Analytics for Confluence Cloud

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

496 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you