How can I get notified when a new plugin is launched?

It would be nice to be get notified, via email or RSS, when a new plugin for a given Atlassian product comes to the marketplace. Is there no such function now??

It would also be nice to be notified if there is a new version of a plugin made by another company. For example, Multimedia Social Bookmarking plugin is an update of the Social Bookmarking plugin.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Apparently, an RSS notification feed is planned.

In Jira 5 there is a little block in the Admin section where it indicates that you're installed plugins are out of date. Not sure if there's the same function on Confluence.

sure, it's the same in Confluence. But what I'm looking for is not update notifications but rather *new* plugin notifications.

Sadly, I don't think this would be possible inside the application. Maybe you can request like the Play Store for Android a section for the "featured" or "newest" plugins. I'm sure that would be a great option for everyone! Including myself ;)

Moreover, it would be nice to get email or RSS notifications of plugin updates as well. I don't see why I have to go to a special admin screen to see them...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

161 views 3 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you