How can I get notified when a new plugin is launched?

Alexander Polonsky July 19, 2012

It would be nice to be get notified, via email or RSS, when a new plugin for a given Atlassian product comes to the marketplace. Is there no such function now??

It would also be nice to be notified if there is a new version of a plugin made by another company. For example, Multimedia Social Bookmarking plugin is an update of the Social Bookmarking plugin.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Polonsky October 9, 2012

Apparently, an RSS notification feed is planned.

0 votes
Alexander Polonsky September 6, 2012

Moreover, it would be nice to get email or RSS notifications of plugin updates as well. I don't see why I have to go to a special admin screen to see them...

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2012

In Jira 5 there is a little block in the Admin section where it indicates that you're installed plugins are out of date. Not sure if there's the same function on Confluence.

Alexander Polonsky July 19, 2012

sure, it's the same in Confluence. But what I'm looking for is not update notifications but rather *new* plugin notifications.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2012

Sadly, I don't think this would be possible inside the application. Maybe you can request like the Play Store for Android a section for the "featured" or "newest" plugins. I'm sure that would be a great option for everyone! Including myself ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events