How can I get a list of pages/documents containing specific text

Helen.Ashton April 30, 2023

We are in the process of updating one of our core systems and I need to make sure that all references to existing systems are replaced with the new platform. Is there any way I can export the search results list to Excel or similar?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023

@Helen.Ashton Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Unfortunately, exporting search results is not currently supported in Confluence Cloud. There may be a Marketplace App that can provide this functionality, but I am not familiar enough with any to provide a recommendation. 

Sorry that I could not provide an answer that resolves your need.

Helen.Ashton May 2, 2023

Thanks very much - I suspected that would be the case. I'll have to do it the old fashioned way ;)

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2023

Sorry! Please accept the response so that others looking for similar issue(s) can moe easliy find it.

1 vote
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2023

Hi @Helen.Ashton 

I don't think there is a way to export the search results in Confluence.

I had a similar task back in the days, and I used the Confluence CLI app by Appfire to replace a particular part of the content throughout my Confluence space pages. It gives you the number of results and replacements so you can track how well your work was performed.

So I used the search panel only to verify the success of the replacement instead of checking each result row by row.

Helen.Ashton May 2, 2023

Thnks for the response - I think I'm going to have to go the long way with normal search results on one screen and replacements on another one ;-)

0 votes
Rodrigo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2023

Hello @Helen.Ashton

Interesting case, in Server I used the Search and Replace macro, which gave me a list of all the pages where a particular phrase or text was located. E.g., find the text "version 7.5.7" and replace with "version 7.6.0"

Perhaps you can make use of an app like this, not so for replacing, but just to detect the pages where these are? Below is an app similar to the one I mention; of course, there are more available as well.

Hope this is helpful!

With friendly regards
Rodrigo

Attachment: Find and Replace screenshot.

Snag_1618e41.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events