How can I gather all of my action items in one list?

Susan Trask January 5, 2021

I'm an avid Microsoft OneNote user and trying to transition to Confluence, however, the one thing I've not been able to figure out is how I can get one list of all of my actions from all spaces and notes I've created. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Yes, @Susan Trask .

It is possible to see the action items of a particular user across spaces, filtered by spaces, pages, created by, due date, task status, etc. using the Task Report macro in Confluence Cloud. 

Here is the documentation : https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/task-report-macro-590260009.html

I hope that helps. 

best,
Kris 

thank you!

Taras Korolov November 10, 2022

thank you!

Like Courtney Jenkins likes this
R_ Atori January 9, 2024

It looks to me that with Task Report Macro, you only get the tasks/actions in the spaces or pages you specified. If you miss a space, the tasks/actions in that space will not be displayed. Am I wrong?

4 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

Hello @asus, to just see a list of the tasks, click  on your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, and click on Tasks

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 9.01.30 AM.png

Are tasks the same as actions, I have several actions (the ones created using the / and selecting action) but when I do what you stated, it refers to tasks and says "You don't have any tasks to complete". So I'm not sure actions and tasks are the same in Confluence

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

@Susan Trask, yes. Tasks and Actions are the same thing. 

The key here is that you either need to Assign them to yourself,  or change the filter you are using under the tasks section of your profile.

To assign a task to yourself, @mention your own name on the line with the task.

To change the filter in the report, click on the "Created by me" button when viewing the report.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 9.10.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 9.12.31 AM.png

Like # people like this
Courtney Jenkins January 21, 2021

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems I can't seem to pull anything in. What if we want the Task report to pull in anything in all of our spaces? I can't currently seem to even search by Spaces, only pages and its a required field and its showing "notasks.JPGno tasks" but I know I have a ton of them. Can you help?

Like Lisa Deibler likes this
Courtney Jenkins January 21, 2021

oh spaces are popping in now, that's weird!

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

@Courtney Jenkins, do you just want to pull all tasks across the instance or just your personal tasks? 

Thanks,

Kian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events