Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I fix my broken PDF?

ando September 11, 2017

I have a pdf file generatted with Confluence with Chrome in July 2017 which was fine, but by following the same process, the same file is now collapsed.
The PDF creation process is:
1, view the confluence page
2, Click 'Export to PDF' and download the file, 
or Press 'ctrl + p' key and  select pdf and save.

Issues are :
1, The link in the 'table of contents' is not working.
2, "pageーbreakーbefore:always" is not working.

Has anybody face the same issue?
I need help how to solve the issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Miretti September 12, 2017

Hi,

Do you mean you use a PDF utility to print files ? CTRL-P is a functionality of the browser, the usual way to export PDF files with Confluence is to click on the "..." menu then "Export to PDF". I tried on a page containing the "Table of contents" macro and it works fine. The only issue I have at the moment is related to the "child page" macro when exporting a space: in this case the links point to the cloud and not to the PDF document.

FYI, this problem is described here: CONFCLOUD-56581

ando September 12, 2017

Thank you very much for your reply.

This time, I used the "Export to PDF" function of Confluence, but the pdf is still broken. (This time I can see "Error rendering macro 'toc' : null" error on the pdf.)

*IE,Chrome, Chrome-incognito, the result is the same.

cuji4.png

By the way, Ctrl+P with Chrome worked fine in July for the same Confluence page.

Bruno Miretti September 12, 2017

Hello,

I'd recommend you open a ticket at Confluence support. They will need to have access to your page and PDF stylesheet to help you to solve this issue.

Yuki Okamoto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2017

I'm support engineer in Atlassian and the original problem has already been solved in the support ticket.

The root cause was that the appropriate font file hadn't been installed in the cloud instance. (cf. https://ja.confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-export-pdf-from-confluence-cloud-in-another-language-779166013.html)

Installing the font file solved the macro break.

ando September 25, 2017

Hi Yuki-san,

Thank you very much, this is solved. 

:)

Yuki Okamoto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2017

Thanks for your reply, Ando-san.

本コミュニティ上では、日本語でご質問頂くことも可能となっておりますので、必要に応じてご利用頂ければ幸いです。

- 日本語でコミュニティサイトを利用する

今後ともよろしくお願い致します。

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events