How can I edit or delete a page containing a redirect?

I want to delete a page that has a redirect on it, that redirects instantly, making it impossible to access edit mode. Is there a way around this?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes

First trick to try is to get the browser to supress the redirect.  Get the url of the page you want to edit and paste it into a text editor/box.  Then add ?redirect=false to the end of it, and paste the new url back into the browser.  That should now render the page without jumping to the target.

If that fails, then the next trick is to find out the ID of the page (there are several approaches to that, you may already have it in the url - if not, then tell us and we'll dig out some of the options), and go to <your confluence base url>/pages/editpage.action?pageId=xxxxxxxx

Thank you so much. I had tried using that addition but had tried directly in the browser, not in a text editor first. Worked perfectly!

No problem, it's a bit of a faff if you try to just add it, hence the text editor usage.

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Feb 19, 2015

You could use the WebDAV plugin to get at the page and then either delete it there or edit out the redirect macro.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,829 views 27 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you