Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I edit or delete a page containing a redirect?

Helen Gosper February 18, 2015

I want to delete a page that has a redirect on it, that redirects instantly, making it impossible to access edit mode. Is there a way around this?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2015

First trick to try is to get the browser to supress the redirect.  Get the url of the page you want to edit and paste it into a text editor/box.  Then add ?redirect=false to the end of it, and paste the new url back into the browser.  That should now render the page without jumping to the target.

If that fails, then the next trick is to find out the ID of the page (there are several approaches to that, you may already have it in the url - if not, then tell us and we'll dig out some of the options), and go to <your confluence base url>/pages/editpage.action?pageId=xxxxxxxx

Helen Gosper February 18, 2015

Thank you so much. I had tried using that addition but had tried directly in the browser, not in a text editor first. Worked perfectly!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2016

No problem, it's a bit of a faff if you try to just add it, hence the text editor usage.

michael_schlotfeldt September 13, 2018

I ended up with an endless loop after moving a page. The page causing the redirect only had a page list macro on it and it referenced a page that no longer existed. The suggested solutions did not help in my case, but helped point me to a solution. In case other people happen upon this thread with a similar issue. Try going directly to editing the page and then simply remove the content. Then save. To edit use this URL:

https://plaudit.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/XXXX/pages/edit/XXXX

The first "XXXX" is the space ID being edited, and the second group of "XXXX" is the page id.

Ed Randall May 9, 2019

?redirect=false didn't work here.

How do you find that pageId when the page is a redirect?

The answer given at https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-get-confluence-page-id-648380445.html suggests to edit the page...

Solution:  Copy the page URL (from the left-side navigator, copy link) and in the browser URL type: view-source:<paste page URL>
In the source, search for pageId=

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2015

You could use the WebDAV plugin to get at the page and then either delete it there or edit out the redirect macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events