How can I edit a Page in Free confluence version?

Maximilian Semler March 31, 2020

In my confluence space I can create pages (child pages) which I can't edit.

I am using the free confluence version and I can't change any page restrictions. 

Can someone help me to solve this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2020

Hi @Maximilian Semler and welcome to Community!

Do you see a pen icon on the upper right-hand side of the page? It is the "Edit" button in Confluence. You can also hit "e" on your keyboard to start editing the page.

Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 13.03.25.png

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Thank you for your answer. But if I created a page there is no "pen". It looks like in this picture. I can't writing und I can't insert pics and links ...  

Do you have the free version of confluence or any other versionconfluenceUnbenannt.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2020

Thanks for the screenshot, that's helpful!

Yes, I am working on a Confluence Free edition as well. Thanks to your screenshot, I can see you're still in creation mode. What happens when you click on "Page title" and try to type something? You should be able to just click on the page title or content to edit content.

Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 13.42.28.png

If that doesn't work, could you try on a different browser?

If I use Safari I can work on my Space and pages. Thank  you very much :)

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2020

Great! Out of curiosity, what browser were you initially using? Confluence should work well with Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

First I try to work with Chrome and Edge.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events