Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I display a BigGantt Chart (plug in for Jira) in Confluence?

Philipp Syre June 21, 2018

What Makro do I Need?

Is there a specific JQL-Code available?

3 answers

4 votes
Karolina Solis July 16, 2018

There is no option to do this in Cloud for security reasons, unfortunately.

For server, please find the link:

Let me know if it helped!
https://wiki.softwareplant.com/display/DOCUMENTATION/Integrations#Integrations-Confluencepages

Best&thanks

Karolina

0 votes
Blake Hodder February 25, 2020

@Dastin_Kuwałek__SoftwarePlant_ 

Is there any possibility that this will become available for cloud?

Dastin_Kuwałek__SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 25, 2020

Hi @Blake Hodder , this is a good question :) However, only Product Management could say more in this case. Please contact Support@SoftwarePlant.com and you will receive more precise response

0 votes
Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2018

are you using server or cloud?

for cloud: i have never been able to figure this out

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 20, 2018

Hi Ericka, BigPicture/BigGantt gadgets work only for Server.

Cloud has limitations in terms of including external gadgets which are not available as full-jacket addons on the Cloud marketplace. 

Ericka Samuels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2018

yes, I am aware of this, thank you!

Steffen Rietzschel August 22, 2019

Any updates or plans here?

Thanks in advance

Marketplace Partner
August 23, 2019

Hi @Steffen Rietzschel ,

Are you interested in Confluence on Cloud or Server version?

Steffen Rietzschel August 25, 2019

Scope change!
We are migrationg from Cloud to Server right now.
So the new answer is:
Server!

I guess the Confluence Macro comes automatically with the big picture installation.
Right?

Marketplace Partner
September 10, 2019

From the Confluence side it requires few steps:

1. First, you need to go to your Confluence administration, and scroll down - on the left-hand side, there will be a link called Application Links. Click it and add the link to your JIRA instance with our plugin. Official Atlassian documentation on how to configure Application links can be found here Linking Confluence to Another Application To establish an Application link, the network in your company has to have connection open between Jira and Cloud - this can be done by you Network Admins. 
  2. Second, In the administration of your Confluence find the External Gadgets tab and add the URLs of XML files from your JIRA instance - here's how to find them: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GADGETS/_Finding+the+URL+of+an+Atlassian+Gadget
Like Dorian Workman likes this
Dorian Workman November 14, 2019

I followed these instructions but am getting "Invalid Gadget URL" error when attempting to add the Gadget Specification URL in confluence. Any suggestions please?

Marketplace Partner
November 15, 2019

From the error, it sounds like there is a problem with Jira<>Confluence connection.

To know more I would need to see that stack trace from Jira logs (if any) when you insert the URL in Confluence.

Dorian Workman November 15, 2019

Hi Dastin

One of my coworkers investigated and he was able to add the Gadget Specification URL by whitelisting it.  That worked, insomuch as the gaddget does now appear as an available macro in confluence.

However we have another issue.  When attempting to add the macro to a confluence page, the preview window is blank - see screenshot below.

My coworker investigated further.  His full analysis is below.  It appears to be an issue with the 'show columns' option, which I verified myself when adding the gadget to a Jira dashboard.  Would appreciate if you can take a look.

Thanks.

BigGantt Macro.jpg

Analysis from my coworker:

BigGantt is throwing this error when loading in a confluence page:

Confluence Error.png

I did some research on it and found this external Jira issue referring to a similar error when using the gadget within Jira dashboards. Following their steps I can replicate it, indicating this is a BigGantt bug. Note, however, that if I delete the gadget in Jira and re-add, it works again. Here’s the error in Jira:

Jira Error.png

It seems to do with the DisplayColumns option on the gadget. The option doesn’t even appear in Confluence, but is available in Jira. When setting to No at first, saving and then selecting Yes, the gadget dies and you get this error. Now – the Jira issue linked above indicates the item is closed and, presumably, fixed in BigGantt Server version 3.11.0. We have version 4.4.1, so it looks like this bug has come back again.

I’d recommend contacting the vendor about this. We’re on their latest version, everything is whitelisted, the gadget is accessible, but doesn’t work.

Like # people like this
Marketplace Partner
November 18, 2019

Hey @Dorian Workman, this is a kick-ass analysis right here! You even found a related issue about this problem :D

At this point, please forward all of this information to SoftwarePlant support (support@softwareplant.com) where it will be passed to our devs teams to get fixed and released :) 

Dorian Workman November 18, 2019

All credit goes to my co-worker @Taylor Bond for this analysis.  I forwarded to your support; Ticket ID is SUPPORT-315076.

Thanks.

Mehdi Ziza March 2, 2021

Hello gents, 

I know it's been almost a year and half since this comment was added, but I do have the same problem. My macro window is blank.

Any updates on the ticket you created for this ? 

Thank you,

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
March 3, 2021

Hello @Mehdi Ziza

The issue was resolved. Please check if links and configuration are proper. If yes, please contact our Service Desk. We will ask you for more information/data necessary for further investigation.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events