Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I disable the "All Updates" tab?

Ann K. August 11, 2013

We use Confluence 5.1 and we do not want to burden our users with the All Updates tab. The answer from this question does not work for me. It does nothing at all. This is something that is becoming important to our organization--people really dislike seeing all the activity, especially when it doesn't apply to them.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ann K. August 18, 2013

I just designed my own dashboard space. I think it's a little frustrating that the dashboard isn't very customizable out of the box, when the whole point of a wiki is to make it work for you. Confluence 5 also has a lot of "junk" in the upper left part of the screen--update your profile, add a page, etc.--which doesn't allow a user to see our spaces until they scroll down the page. So I just ditched it and made my own. Way cleaner, less clutter, more appropriate to us. Perhaps Atlassian can make the dashboard more customizable in a future release.

0 votes
Christina Schantin [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

I'm afraid it is not possible with confluence standard functions. You can only disable the Populare tab in the confluence administration or the whole recently updated dashboard macro. But if you do that, you will get an error message on the dashboard.

What you can do is to customize the dashboard and remove the macro. Your developer will help you with this issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events