Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the "all updates" tab from the Dashboard?

Jorge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

We are a quite large group, and to avoid overloading our users I only want them to see in their Dashboard the information related to their favorite spaces and their network.

I already found out how to disable "Popular". But haven't found anything about the "All Updates" tab.

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2012

JQuery would work, but simple CSS also does the trick. Add this in to the "End of HEAD section" in the Custom HTML admin screen:

<style>
ul.tabs-menu li.all { display:none; } </style>

Tested on Confluence 4.2.1.
Jorge
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2012

Thanks so much for your help! So quick and simple :)

Is there a way to change the order also? Maybe move the "Popular" tab to the end?

CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2012

In this case, jQuery is very much your friend I think. Again, you'll want to put this code into the end of HEAD section:

&lt;script type="text/javascript"&gt;
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
  jQuery('ul.tabs-menu &gt; li.all').appendTo('ul.tabs-menu');
});
&lt;/script&gt;

This works for me (Conf 4.2).

Vishali
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2012

Charles,

Is there a way that I can limit the appearance of number of updates to 3 or 5 in the Dashboard?

Thanks,

Ann K. August 5, 2013

So I'm using Confluence 5.1 and our issue is the same... We just don't to overload people with the All Updates tab, but the custom HTML above doesn't work for me. Is there a way to disable the All Updates tab in version 5.1?

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2012

A good approach is probably to use jQuery to manage what's accessible or visible in the dashboard. Unfortunately, we hid the dashboard itself from users, so I can't really play with the code and post an example.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events