Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I define exact target page at "create page from template" macro?

Is it possible to specify the exact parent page when creating a page with the "create page from template" macro? If I specify the space key, the page is always appended to the home page. But I want to append the new page to a child page. For your information: The page should be created from a different space, so the macro cannot simply be inserted on the parent page.

I hope someone can help me. Many thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Amelie Ambos 

have a look at the posted workarounds in this post here! https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Create-from-Template-and-Specify-Parent-Page/qaq-p/290661 

It depends on version you are running. Changing macro is not possible as far as I know.

Hi @Fabienne Gerhard 

thank you very much! The full URL is what i needed. That worked perfect.

Have a nice day!

Great that it worked out! 

PL Tan I'm New Here Apr 21, 2022

Hi @Fabienne Gerhard 

Could you update the link above (invalid parameter specified), or direct me to another one to help address the same issue? Thanks

Like Prakash likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

1,042 views 18 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you