Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create an NAS-file link

Martin Vesely April 4, 2022

When I create advance links with a fileserver url (i.e. //server/drive/file) the link is created ans shown in the site but when using the link it will not be opened (i.e. pdf or xls files)

Is there any need to add the application to the link for opening the file. Can you provide any samples.

1 answer

0 votes
James Richards
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2022

You might have to use file:// otherwise it's a matter or linking the browser to the file type. This will be an operating system requirement.

Martin Vesely April 5, 2022

Thanks
yes - I already tried but I get "about:blank#blocked"

so I tried adding trusted site setting within edge browser but "file://" is not supported... (I cannot save within settings) but even when I disabled "blocking" of websites it did not work.

Within Firefox the Link was shown in the URL but was "file:///...." instead of "file://..."
But even when correcting the url manualy the browser did not open the link

So I think the browser settings should be the problem (not the confluence link itselfe)
But I don't have a clue which setting relates to prevent opening the file-link...

James Richards
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2022

Another solution I saw was to put a Apache server in front of the file server, then they can become http:// links.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events