How can I create a space template?

Kelton Temby August 1, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Create a Space From a Template

I would like to create my own space template with a set of pages in the tree browser and modifications to the existing templates, so that my company can have a standard template (that is different from the available templates).

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2016

Your question potentially has a few dimensions to it ...

but if it is just  about creating a Space with a standard set of pages in a standard tree structure, I create new Spaces for our association all the time for various Working Groups.  Each WG is given a standard set of initial set of structured pages to get them started with standard pages laid for meeting notes etc, links to general info, tailored macros  ...

I use the Copy Page Tree plugin to copy the standard page tree into each Space complete in its hierarchy and attachments - basically create Space, and then "1 minute" work to select the "template" tree from my admin-only Space and copy the tree to the new Space.  I have a couple of different standard trees depending on the type of group I am creating

CPT allows you to add prefix/suffix to all the page titles and even replace text within the titles or even within the page itself

Erik Ingebrigtsen November 20, 2019

Did you have to get one of the paid plugins?

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2019

We are about to move our Server Confluence from v5.8.13 to v 7.1

The standard "Copy" function of v7.1 now has an option to copy the page and its children so I do not think we need Copy Page Tree plugin anymore

Like # people like this
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2019

... although, since that last post, I have just discovered that the new "Copy with Child Pages" option in v7.1 does NOT include an option to copy Comments ... a major problem for two of our use-cases ... so it seems we need to keep using Copy Page Tree plugin

Like Erik Ingebrigtsen likes this
2 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2016

Hi,

Maybe our Space Tree Creator could also be a solution. For your end users it would be very easy: pressing a button, filling out a form and that's it.

Check it out under the Space Tree Creator Marketplace Link.

Regards,
Stephan

P.S. I just have seen, that you work on Confluence Cloud. Our Add-on works only for the Server Edition.

Chris Christou March 5, 2018

I'm trying to install a verison of Space Tree installer and it is all incompatible.  

EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2018

Hi Chris,

Which server version of Confluence are you using? The Space Tree Creator app is compatible from 5.10.1 to the newest version.

Regards,
Stephan

Chris Christou March 6, 2018

Version 6.0.6 

Chris Christou March 6, 2018

It looks like I have installed it, thanks for that.

I want to create my space with a tree attached, I’m not clear how to configure it.

I’m on this page for some insight https://focuspro.eps.ch/display/PSTCDOC/+Basics+Version+3.4.0

I was under the impression once you install it and click create you can use it, that doesn’t look to be the case.

1 vote
Kelton Temby August 1, 2016

I think i am trying to create a space blueprint according to this: https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-plugin-guide/confluence-blueprints/space-blueprints/write-a-simple-confluence-space-blueprint

But it is way less intuitive to create a space template than it was to create a page template.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events