How can I create a space template?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Create a Space From a Template

I would like to create my own space template with a set of pages in the tree browser and modifications to the existing templates, so that my company can have a standard template (that is different from the available templates).

3 answers

1 accepted

Your question potentially has a few dimensions to it ...

but if it is just  about creating a Space with a standard set of pages in a standard tree structure, I create new Spaces for our association all the time for various Working Groups.  Each WG is given a standard set of initial set of structured pages to get them started with standard pages laid for meeting notes etc, links to general info, tailored macros  ...

I use the Copy Page Tree plugin to copy the standard page tree into each Space complete in its hierarchy and attachments - basically create Space, and then "1 minute" work to select the "template" tree from my admin-only Space and copy the tree to the new Space.  I have a couple of different standard trees depending on the type of group I am creating

CPT allows you to add prefix/suffix to all the page titles and even replace text within the titles or even within the page itself

Hi,

Maybe our Space Tree Creator could also be a solution. For your end users it would be very easy: pressing a button, filling out a form and that's it.

Check it out under the Space Tree Creator Marketplace Link.

Regards,
Stephan

P.S. I just have seen, that you work on Confluence Cloud. Our Add-on works only for the Server Edition.

I'm trying to install a verison of Space Tree installer and it is all incompatible.  

Hi Chris,

Which server version of Confluence are you using? The Space Tree Creator app is compatible from 5.10.1 to the newest version.

Regards,
Stephan

It looks like I have installed it, thanks for that.

I want to create my space with a tree attached, I’m not clear how to configure it.

I’m on this page for some insight https://focuspro.eps.ch/display/PSTCDOC/+Basics+Version+3.4.0

I was under the impression once you install it and click create you can use it, that doesn’t look to be the case.

I think i am trying to create a space blueprint according to this: https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-plugin-guide/confluence-blueprints/space-blueprints/write-a-simple-confluence-space-blueprint

But it is way less intuitive to create a space template than it was to create a page template.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,798 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you