How can I create a cascading dropdown list in the wiki page?

Narges MJ January 23, 2023

My manager asked me to create a dropdown list that each item in the list will show other dropdown list. I think we call it cascading dropdown list.

Would you please help me on finding the solution. I am completely new in Wiki confluence .

Thanks,

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

@Narges MJ Welcome to the Atlassian community

You would need to use an app like ConfiForms that provides that capability.  Cascading dropdowns are not native to Confluence.  

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2023

Thanks @Brant Schroeder for mentioning our lovely ConfiForms app

It's definitely an app which can help you @Narges MJ here, but...

I wonder what your manager wants to do with the created list after.

One thing is to create an element, but another is to assign some behaviour to it - so what it is supposed to do?

Alex

Narges MJ January 24, 2023

He want to have a dropdown list that shows the name of each group under him and then on other drop down that when you click on each group shows info or the sub groups of those groups 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2023

I wonder what do you mean by "groups" and especially by "sub-groups"... Is this about security groups? I dont think there is any hierarchy

Tp show user groups you can do something like this:

(2 methods - one is via our app - ConfiForms and another option is to create a dropdown on the fly via JavaScript and Confluence REST API)

http://recordit.co/PnNi7cE9DD

PS, of course there are alternatives out there :-) May be others have something else to offer/suggest

Alex

Narges MJ January 24, 2023

example:

Team as a item in menu, then we click on that and it shows three team name

Team 

• A      
  • B
  • C

now under each team name we want a drop down to show a list of sub team name or the info about each team 

Multi level dropdown 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events