How can I create a blueprint for blog posts in confluence?

Martin van Baal June 16, 2018

I made myself familiar with plugin development in general and found the instructions for creating a template for a page. How can I generate a template for a blog post instead?

2 answers

0 votes
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2018

Hi @Martin van Baal-

Atlassian does not have out of box functionality to create templates for blogs.

You may want to try the app 'Templates for Blog Posts' that lets you create recurring blog posts like meeting notes, retrospectives, press releases, case studies, etc.

Here is the link on the Atlassian Marketplace : 
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217068/templates-for-blog-posts?hosting=server&tab=overview

Hope that helps!

best,
Kris G 

Martin van Baal June 19, 2018

Hi @Kris G _Alacriz_

thank you for your answer! I saw this plugin and it seems to fit perfectly into my needs. The only problem is my limited project budget.

best regards: Martin

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2018

Hi Martin

Blueprints are only applicable to Pages, not to Blogs. If the purpose is to stylize the blog, you might want to look into the Theme module. A list of all plugin modules are available at https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-plugin-module-types/

Hope that helps. 

Martin van Baal June 19, 2018

Hi Bushan!

Thank you for your answer!

I found a Workaround for my purpose by creating a user macro.

best regards: Martin

Yan Tuchkovskiy March 17, 2023

Hi Martin, please share an example of your macros for a blog post. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events