• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I create a blog button?

I would like to create a blog button on a page.

Also, I don't how to use the components on the following website: https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/latest/docs/buttons.html

Where I can enter the html code???

Best regards

Fiyyaz

4 answers

For Confluence users on cloud who cannot add custom macros, I have found a workaround. 

If you use the "Blog Posts" macro with a query that returns no blog posts, Confuence will display generic copy and a "Create blog post"  button that allows the user to create a new blog post.

To create a query that returns no blog post, you can restrict the blog posts to a label that exists (if you make up a label that no other page uses, you'll get an error) but is not used on any blog post entry.

lendesk create blog post button.png

Thank you, Laure.  This is a useful workaround!

This no longer seems to work :(

Nice workaround!.  Just used it on Confluence Server v7.4, and it did the trick!

I'm patiently waiting for something to come avail. on cloud. 

New Editor = Does not work on cloud :(

Is there anyway to create the Blog Post button for Confluence Cloud?

1 vote

I don't have persmissions to create user macros and the result of adding the "Blog Posts" macro with an unused label was too big, so I found a third solution: a web link.

Before you add it you have to know the spacekey for your Confluence space and this can be found by looking at the page source. In most browsers this can be opened by right clicking on a page inside your space and choose "View page source" or something similar. Then you just search for "spacekey" and will most likely find something like this:

<a href="/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=TSPM&amp;fromPageId=150297126&amp;src=quick-create"

Remember that spacekey (TSPM in the example above) and follow these steps:

• Go to the page where you want to be able to create a blog post
  • Klick "Insert link" and choose Web link
  • Paste this into the Address field: 
    /pages/createblogpost.action?spaceKey=
  • Add the spacekey for your Confluence space directly after the = character
  • Change the Link text to something like "New blog post"
  • Click Save

Voilá!

Hi Fiyyaz - you haven't said which product this relates to, so it's difficult for people to help you. 

Are you asking about Confluence or JIRA or something else?

Where exactly do you want to put the button to show?

What do you want to happen when people click it?

Hi Sam, 

I am using Confluence.  I would like to put the button on the Confluence pages. The button should create a new blog post. 

I don't want to click always on "create" on the menue bar.  Is there any solution for this problem?

Best regard

Fiyyaz 

It you have Confluence server, you could create a user macro for this.

Then you can add your macro to any page you want.

This is a what you can put in the 'template' field when creating the macro:

## @param space:title=Space|type=spacekey
<a href="/pages/createblogpost.action?spaceKey=$paramspace" class="aui-button"><span>Create Blog Post</span></a>

Adapted from: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-do-I-add-a-Create-Blog-button-to-a-page/qaq-p/148683

Hi Sam,

thanks a lot. It works :)

Best regards

Fiyyaz

Current version that works for me with Confluence Server 7.0.1 is:

## @param space:title=Space|type=spacekey
<a href="/pages/createblogpost.action?spaceKey=$space.key" class="aui-button"><span>Create Blog Post</span></a>
Like # people like this

thanks a lot. It works :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

323 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you