Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a blog button?

Fiyyaz Tahir May 11, 2017

I would like to create a blog button on a page.

Also, I don't how to use the components on the following website: https://docs.atlassian.com/aui/latest/docs/buttons.html

Where I can enter the html code???

Best regards

Fiyyaz

4 answers

3 votes
Laure September 17, 2018

For Confluence users on cloud who cannot add custom macros, I have found a workaround. 

If you use the "Blog Posts" macro with a query that returns no blog posts, Confuence will display generic copy and a "Create blog post"  button that allows the user to create a new blog post.

To create a query that returns no blog post, you can restrict the blog posts to a label that exists (if you make up a label that no other page uses, you'll get an error) but is not used on any blog post entry.

lendesk create blog post button.png

CJ August 13, 2019

Thank you, Laure.  This is a useful workaround!

Matt Hopkins October 22, 2019

This no longer seems to work :(

Tim Ryner October 7, 2020

Nice workaround!.  Just used it on Confluence Server v7.4, and it did the trick!

Jen October 9, 2020

I'm patiently waiting for something to come avail. on cloud. 

New Editor = Does not work on cloud :(

Carrie Levy August 2, 2023

This did the trick, thanks!

1 vote
Anders Högqvist September 1, 2020

I don't have persmissions to create user macros and the result of adding the "Blog Posts" macro with an unused label was too big, so I found a third solution: a web link.

Before you add it you have to know the spacekey for your Confluence space and this can be found by looking at the page source. In most browsers this can be opened by right clicking on a page inside your space and choose "View page source" or something similar. Then you just search for "spacekey" and will most likely find something like this:

<a href="/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=TSPM&amp;fromPageId=150297126&amp;src=quick-create"

Remember that spacekey (TSPM in the example above) and follow these steps:

• Go to the page where you want to be able to create a blog post
  • Klick "Insert link" and choose Web link
  • Paste this into the Address field: 
    /pages/createblogpost.action?spaceKey=
  • Add the spacekey for your Confluence space directly after the = character
  • Change the Link text to something like "New blog post"
  • Click Save

Voilá!

Angela Trigg (Quarles) March 6, 2021

This appears to no longer work? Seems so weird that I'm having to find some weird workaround to make a simple link to add a new blog post? To clarify, I'm on Confluence cloud. This link is important to create since the ability to add a blog post on the mobile site doesn't exist (Create just adds a generic page with no ability to choose a template)

1 vote
Jen February 25, 2020

Is there anyway to create the Blog Post button for Confluence Cloud?

Henry Burkhardt January 29, 2021

Hi Jen, did you try to insert a Link instead of a button? That worked fine for me in the Confluence Cloud. There is also a way for the button but it requires some HTML Editor like this Source Editor for Confluence.

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2017

Hi Fiyyaz - you haven't said which product this relates to, so it's difficult for people to help you. 

Are you asking about Confluence or JIRA or something else?

Where exactly do you want to put the button to show?

What do you want to happen when people click it?

Fiyyaz Tahir May 11, 2017

Hi Sam, 

I am using Confluence.  I would like to put the button on the Confluence pages. The button should create a new blog post. 

I don't want to click always on "create" on the menue bar.  Is there any solution for this problem?

Best regard

Fiyyaz 

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2017

It you have Confluence server, you could create a user macro for this.

Then you can add your macro to any page you want.

This is a what you can put in the 'template' field when creating the macro:

## @param space:title=Space|type=spacekey
<a href="/pages/createblogpost.action?spaceKey=$paramspace" class="aui-button"><span>Create Blog Post</span></a>

Adapted from: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-do-I-add-a-Create-Blog-button-to-a-page/qaq-p/148683

Fiyyaz Tahir May 12, 2017

Hi Sam,

thanks a lot. It works :)

Best regards

Fiyyaz

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2020

Current version that works for me with Confluence Server 7.0.1 is:

## @param space:title=Space|type=spacekey
<a href="/pages/createblogpost.action?spaceKey=$space.key" class="aui-button"><span>Create Blog Post</span></a>
Like # people like this
Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2020

thanks a lot. It works :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events