How can I create Multiple Jira issues from a table in Confluence?

I want to create multiple JIRA issues from a table in Confluence. 

Can this be done working in Atlassian Confluence Cloud?

Can this be done working in Atlassian Confluence Server?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-jira-content/versions

This link shows a plug-in for the Confluence Server to do this. Is this product available? 

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Andrew,

The link to the Confluence documentation is clear however when I highlight table text to create multiple JIRA Issues, I see the pop-up bar appear but I do not see the JIRA Icon. When I select the Insert plus feature, I see an item that says JIRA Issue/Filter. When clicked, it provides a pop-in window that lets me create a single JIRA issue but not multiple issues.

Also, reading the text in the editing Confluence page, it references the use of JIRA Macro's. I see that my cloud version of Confluence has this System Macro installed, yet I cannot figure out how to get my Confluence to show the JIRA Icon, or for the insert to say Create JIRA Issue.

The screenshot below shows what I see when I have highlighted table text and no icon

image2015-2-13 11:56:54.png

Screenshot below shows the Insert drop down with the JIRA Issue/Filter and the highlighted text.

image2015-2-13 12:0:57.png

Please let me know what I need to do to be able to create multiple JIRA issues from this table data.

Cheers 

Joseph

Hi Joseph, Make sure you have Text Select enabled in your profile as documented at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Edit+Your+User+Settings and you actually create the JIRA issues when you're viewing the Confluence page, not editing it. If you save your page, highlight some text in the table, you should get a little JIRA icon above the highlighted text, click that and you'll be prompted to create multiple issues. Andrew.

Andrew - This answer was what I needed. I was trying to do it in Edit mode. When I highlighted the text as shown in the screenshots above in page mode, it worked fine. The JIRA Icon did appear and it created 4 new issues in the project that I selected. Thank you very much!!!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

587 views 20 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you