Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create Multiple Jira issues from a table in Confluence?

Joseph Pursel February 12, 2015

I want to create multiple JIRA issues from a table in Confluence. 

Can this be done working in Atlassian Confluence Cloud?

Can this be done working in Atlassian Confluence Server?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-jira-content/versions

This link shows a plug-in for the Confluence Server to do this. Is this product available? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2015

Hi Joseph,

Yes, that functionality should be available in JIRA/Confluence Cloud too - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Use+JIRA+and+Confluence+together#UseJIRAandConfluencetogether-CreateJIRAIssuesfromConfluence

Andrew.

2 votes
Joseph Pursel February 13, 2015

Hi Andrew,

The link to the Confluence documentation is clear however when I highlight table text to create multiple JIRA Issues, I see the pop-up bar appear but I do not see the JIRA Icon. When I select the Insert plus feature, I see an item that says JIRA Issue/Filter. When clicked, it provides a pop-in window that lets me create a single JIRA issue but not multiple issues.

Also, reading the text in the editing Confluence page, it references the use of JIRA Macro's. I see that my cloud version of Confluence has this System Macro installed, yet I cannot figure out how to get my Confluence to show the JIRA Icon, or for the insert to say Create JIRA Issue.

The screenshot below shows what I see when I have highlighted table text and no icon

image2015-2-13 11:56:54.png

Screenshot below shows the Insert drop down with the JIRA Issue/Filter and the highlighted text.

image2015-2-13 12:0:57.png

Please let me know what I need to do to be able to create multiple JIRA issues from this table data.

Cheers 

Joseph

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2015

Hi Joseph, Make sure you have Text Select enabled in your profile as documented at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Edit+Your+User+Settings and you actually create the JIRA issues when you're viewing the Confluence page, not editing it. If you save your page, highlight some text in the table, you should get a little JIRA icon above the highlighted text, click that and you'll be prompted to create multiple issues. Andrew.

0 votes
Joseph Pursel February 13, 2015

Andrew - This answer was what I needed. I was trying to do it in Edit mode. When I highlighted the text as shown in the screenshots above in page mode, it worked fine. The JIRA Icon did appear and it created 4 new issues in the project that I selected. Thank you very much!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events