How can I copy an entire page tree in Confluence? (On Demand)

I am trying to COPY a whole tree of pages from one space to another. I have admin privileges and am able to copy a single page - but not the whole tree.

I have done a search in the Atlassian online help and I can find utilities for copying whole trees but these seem to be for the installed version of Confluence rather than On-Demand. Is there a utility / function available to do this ?

3 answers

1 accepted

Confluence Command Line Interface has the copyPage action which will optionally will copy the hierarchy. Other options for copying attachments, labels, permissions, etc... . And works with OnDemand.

Bob, The marketplace shows this as not available for On Demand. Is it just that the page hasn't been updated yet?

Alex, that is what my understanding is also. Hopefully Bob can clarify. Thanks

There is a Marketplace listing bug. All CLIs work with OnDemand :).

Are you talking about copying or moving a page tree? According to the documentation

"When you move a page, attachments and comments will be moved with the page. All child and descendent pages will also be moved."

In other words, the whole tree should move when you move the parent. If you want to copy, that's an open feature request (see CONF-2814)

Bill, many thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion. I put "copy" in the title of the log but then used the term "move" in the description. Doh ! I am trying to COPY. I am trying to take a subset of pages from one space and copy them to another, i.e. replicate so that they can be subsequently edited.

Maybe I could do an export, edit the XML to remove the hundreds of pages etc. I don't want and then re-import to the alternative space ?

I will certainly add a vote to CONF-2814

Bob, thanks for the clarification. Will investigate. That's good news (well good in that you have a tool that provides a solution, bad in that it's not a standard part of Confluence !).

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

375 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you