Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I control which page a create from template creates a page under?

Amy December 21, 2020

So, it looks like this may not be possible.  If not, then please add that the suggestion list for this macro.

If it is possible, can you help me?  The only options I see are to control which space the page is created in, not a specific page under the space.

2 answers

0 votes
Stephan Sutter December 22, 2020

Hi @Amy 

Our Confluence App Page Tree Creator (PTC) could be a possible solution for you. A PTC template is not shown in the Confluence Create Dialog. The way to use the template, is to place a PTC Button Macro on the page, from where the template shall be used.

You can find the Page Tree Creator on the Marketplace.

Regards,
Stephan (PM of EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Page Tree Creator)

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2020

Amy,

Welcome to the community.  When you create a template you can create a global template or a template associated with a specific space.  When you select template in the main menu it allows you to view all templates and the space toggle allows you to move through spaces and see the templates located in that space.  If you choose to use a template that is associated with a space you will only be able to  create it in that space.  If you are in a space an under a page and you create a page with a template it will put it under that page but there is no way to set a template to only be available under a specific page.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events