How can I configure the Confluence sidebar in the default theme?

1. I have several spaces and want the same sidebar in each of them, in fact, I want to change the sidebar only one time.

2. I want the surrent space tree above the Space Shortcuts
3. The whole space tree should be shown (withou the "3 more pages" part)
4. I want that for the "normal user" (no editing permissions) that the "Space Tools" are not shown.

Thank you for helping me.

Best regards, Chris

1 answer

Hello Chris,

We have the Documentation theme that will give all pages in a space a left sidebar. Enabling the page tree option in confuguing this theme will put a full space tree on each page. You will need to have Confluence Admin permissions in order to switch this theme on for a given space.

I found this post in search of a similar goal. The 5.x sidebar is ok, and has the potential to be superior to the documentation theme sidebar, but it needs to be configurable. In our case, we want to see the full tree at all times, with the current page highlited. Please consider this post an enhancement request.

We have the same problem.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,933 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you