Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the information that is contained in my Confluence Dashboard?

kateryna.bodnarchuk December 17, 2020

2 answers

0 votes
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

I've realized that your original post includes three documentation links for Confluence Server. Can you confirm if you're using the Server or Cloud version of Confluence?

You had tagged your question with the "Cloud" deployment type for Confluence, when I suspect you meant "Server". The community will be able to help you better with correct tags on your questions.

I don't currently have access to a Server version of Confluence, so I don't think I can help much here. But I will make two observations:

• Your screenshot appears to show links to Atlassian documentation. I'm not sure where those two DIV/UL areas, but they might be standard and "official Atlassian" at the bottom of the dashboard - and not modifiable. That's a guess.
  • The first link in your original post includes a section call "Advanced Customization", with additional links that suggest that getting deep into SiteMesh and Velocity code can allow you to do some serious customization. I also saw this notice: "While we don't recommend you do this unless you know exactly what you're doing, it does give you complete control over the look of every aspect of Confluence."

If you figure it out, let us know here. Maybe someone else will chime in?

Best wishes.

0 votes
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

The first thing to check is that you have the required permissions. A quote from the first document you listed:

You'll need Confluence administrator permissions... 

Do you have "Confluence admin" privileges in your Confluence instance?

If you have those permissions, then what happens whey you try to go to:

YOUR-INSTANCE.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/templates2/listglobaltemplates.action

and scroll down to the "System Templates" at the bottom and click "Edit" for "Default Welcome Message" (as described by your second document).

kateryna.bodnarchuk December 18, 2020

Thanks, there I can manage the welcome message. But, below it I have some tables with the content and links and can not figure out how to change the info there.

Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2020

I'm not sure what you meant by "below it"? Are you adding tables to the welcome message? Maybe share a screenshot? I'm just trying to better understand the issue.

kateryna.bodnarchuk January 13, 2021

dashboard.pngIt looks like this. The text above can be changed from the Welcome Message menu, but not these tables.

one a single person or thing More (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events