How can I change the font of my table in one click?

Yasmine Itani January 3, 2022

So I kind of created and filled the table with Normal Text font, but now I want to change the cells text to Heading 6. 

Can I do that in one click? or I have to click on every cell and change the font.

Thanks

Yasmine

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

Have you tried to select all text in the table and then choose the font?

I cannot select just the text. It automatically selects the cells too.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

Correct but I thought you were trying to change all text with an all cells?

I just did a quick test on my iPad and I was able to select the line before the table thru the line after the table which selected all contents in all cells. Then I could change using the format drop-down.

I am trying to change all texts within all cells, but it did not work out. I also tried the thin row right above my header (selected all column), but it did not work too. 

I guess I will do that one by one.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2022

Here aresome images of me successfully (?) changing the font on all cells...

step1.jpg

step2.jpg

step3.jpg

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2022

@Jack Brickey that is certainly a good hack. Just tested it in my Confluence Cloud sandbox instance and it works. @Yasmine Itani there is your shortcut around having to select each cell. You'll just need to update the lead in and trailing text after to the format you want them to be (or as I did, and seems @Jack Brickey did, just put in some dummy text to be deleted)

Like Jack Brickey likes this

OMG! It worked :D

Thank you thank you thank you! Saved me so much time. @Jack Brickey  you're awesome!

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2022

indeed it is hacky. I find I have to do a few too many hacky things in Confluence at times but fortunately not for frequent activities.

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2022

Switch to the server/data center where this works?  -- Sorry, I know a sarcastic answer. But now I have one more thing to add to the list of why Cloud is clearly not a finished product.

Maybe try to copy the table to Word, change to heading 6 and then paste it back into your page?

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2022

Hi @Yasmine Itani Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!!

I just tried it and couldn't find a way to get it done through one click. You will need to manually click on each cell and change its text to the required heading (You can also use keyboard shortcut CTRL + ALT + 1 and so on)

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2022

@Yasmine Itani this is an inherent flaw in editing tables. When selecting the entire table, a group of cells, column, or row, the formatting you choose from the edit bar only gets applied to the first cell in the selection. You can only change the text format one cell at a time.

I did test @Jack Brickey's suggestion on my instance and could not apply the text format across all cells at once. 

This is what's happening with me. It's only changing the font of one cell

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2022

I need to retest when I have a few moments I think my experience was different. 🤔

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events