• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I add an upload box option to my space, please?

Hi,

Are we able to add an upload box to a page where the user is able to upload a document and we automatically receive an e-mail with the document and some extra info that we need? (See example below)

Confluence_Upload_Box.JPG

Best regards,

1 answer

Hi Rafael,

I'd do this with a page template. So every user creates a new page that contains the attachment and the notes. In order to get notified, insert mention(s) in the template.

Create a page with a "Create from template"-macro to both make it easy for your users and have all the new pages under a defined parent page.

BR

Nicolai

Hi Nicolai,

First of all, thanks for the reply.

The plan is to have this option running on our main confluence page as an option  so users can just fill out the requested information and upload the file. Our users wouldn't be able to create a new page so on and so forth.

Do you think it's possible to do I'm asking on my first question, please?

Once again, thanks for the help.

Best regards,

Hi Rafael,

I'm pretty sure you can't do this without a third party plugin or a custom form based on HTML.
You can't input content on a Confluence page in read mode - except for comments.

Did you have a look at page templates so far? In my scenario, it wouldn't be much more than "just fill out the requested information and upload the file" - it's one click to create the page before doing so and another click to save it...

BR

Nicolai

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

415 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you