How can I add an expand text container inside a tabs container?

Vanessa Dsouza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2024

I want to add drop downs or expand text inside my tabs container, can you tell me how do I go about it?

2 answers

1 vote
Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2024

Hello @Vanessa Dsouza,

Welcome to the community.

Confluence does not offer a tab solution by default. So you will probably have installed an app in your Confluence, with whose macros you create the tab navigations and fill them with content.

Unfortunately, there is a restriction on Confluence Cloud that some macros cannot be nested. For this reason, you will not be able to insert Expand or any other macro into the tab macro.

However, there are tab apps in the Marketplace where you can create tab navigations from existing Confluence pages and display their content (including many macros like the one you mentioned Expand). The Navitabs app can generate a tab navigation from existing Confluence pages, as described here.

Kind regards,

Mattia

0 votes
Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 27, 2024

Hi @Vanessa Dsouza 

You can do this using Content Formatting macros for Confluence (developed by my team).

This app provides Advanced Expand macro that works inside Tabs and Background Macro and inside Confluence table cells. 

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 11.06.38.png

This add-on also includes other must-have features for content formatting in Confluence: Buttons, Numbered headings, Advanced Cards, Tooltips, etc.

If you are interested in understanding what specifically this app can do for your needs - feel free to book a demo call. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events