Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can Confluence content be added to an external search aggregator?

Kurt Euler January 26, 2015

Hi. I'm interested in using an as-yet undetermined search aggregating tool that would allow customers to do one search against the contents of:

1. Our company's Support knowledgebase, which will live customer-accessible Confluence space (server, not hosted), and
  2. The contents of our product WebHelp, which lives outside of Confluence.

Questions:

1. Does Confluence have a search API that the search aggregator can leverage to compile Confluence content hits into the hit set that the aggregator shows the customer?
  2. Can anyone recommend a search aggregator that will do this aggregation? (Note: I see that there's a plug-in called OpenSearch. Would this enable communication with an aggregator?)

Thanks.

-Kurt Euler

Minerva

3 answers

1 vote
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2015

I agree with Alex, there are many options to answer your question. Couple of ideas from me:

0 votes
Kurt Euler January 27, 2015

OK, thanks Alex and Sash. I'll look in to these ideas.

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2015

I see different options here:

• You could have a crawler which goes through the Confluence pages and index them to give you aggregated results.
  • There are options to integrate Confluence with SharePoint which include searches. Check SharePoint Connector for more information.
  • Confluence uses Lucene as the search engine. You could write a program using Lucene which queries Confluence index files and aggregate the results with your other sources.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events