How I make Whiteboard Editable

Vladislav March 15, 2024

Hello,

I am unable to edit the whiteboard - it says This whiteboard is view-only. I have the owner rights, how do I change it? 

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2024

Welcome to the community @Vladislav !

As it says in the information panel, you can only have 3 active whiteboards. In order to have unlimited number of whiteboards you would need to update to Premium.

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2024

Or to delete one of the whiteboards that you don't really need.

Vladislav March 15, 2024

Hello @Perisic Nikola 

Thanks for your response. But if when removed a whiteboard, I am still not able to edit the existing one

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2024

I see. You would need to upgrade to the Premium tier in order to make additional changes.

Like Vladislav likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Jerrold - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2024

Hi @Vladislav 

Each page/white board has restrictions. can you check those page restrictions ones and is it possible to send a screen shot of the error you getting 

Thank you.

Vladislav March 15, 2024

Hi @Jerrold - Empyra 

There are no page restrictions. I only see the warning about 3 whiteboards limit but cannot edit it. It also affected other people.Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 12.17.51.pngScreenshot 2024-03-15 at 12.18.28.png

Jerrold - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2024

As I checked  per person can have only  Three active whiteboards 

Active whiteboards are editable and collaborative within your plan, while those that exceed your limit become read-only for viewing past content.

please refer this link 

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/understand-confluence-whiteboards-plans-and-features/

Thank you

Vladislav March 15, 2024

Thanks @Jerrold - Empyra 

But if I remove newly created, how can the older one become active and editable? 

Jerrold - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2024

Managing your whiteboardsIf you exceed the three active board limit on the Free or Standard plan, your last three created boards will remain active. Any additional boards will become read-only, allowing you to view and access existing information but not make edits.

The Atlassian has mentioned like this in the link I provide preciously.

Thank you.

Jerrold - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2024

Hi @Vladislav 

You can refer the link for further doubt about the white board 

Thank you.

Jerrold - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2024

Hi @Vladislav 

Please consider accepting any of the answers to make it easier for others to find a solution to the same problem.

Thank you.

1 vote
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2024

@Vladislav Based on the answer from @Andy Gladstone on this question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Is-it-possible-to-change-a-whiteboard-owner/qaq-p/2573565, you may be able to free up your whiteboards by adding Confluence users. 

I'm not sure if this works for existing whiteboards or if it works out to cost less than moving from Standard to Premium, but it may be an option for you.

1 vote
Vladislav March 15, 2024

Got it, thank you guys for your assistance 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders