Is it possible to change a whiteboard owner?

David Quiram January 8, 2024

Given the announcement that Confluence Standard users will be limited to 3 active whiteboards per person, we have the following questions:

1. Is it possible to see what all whiteboards you have under your ownership?
  2. Is it possible to change the ownership of a whiteboard to someone else?

3 answers

1 vote
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2024

@David Quiram I think you are confusing per user with ownwership. The new limitation is that there will be (3) active whiteboards available per user. That means an organization with 100 users will have 300 active whiteboards allowed. These whiteboards can be created by 1 person or 100, it does not matter - as long as the overall count stays below the max allowed. Whiteboards don't currently have owners, they are just associated with the space they are in.

I hope this helps clarify.

David Quiram January 9, 2024

That does help clarify things as the wording in the announcement didn't make that very clear. So, the availability acts as a pool based on the amount of users you have. 

I would still like to see a means of tracking this, similar to how you can track automation run limits. 

While it might not be foreseeable that we, or any other standard level customer, might exceed that limit, the possibility still exists. 

Nicole Swanepoel March 26, 2024

Hi @Andy Gladstone 

I assisted fellow teammates by creating a whiteboard for their teams on confluence, but now it says I have reached my limit. I want to transfer those whiteboards to the respective people so I can create my own whiteboard for my team but I am unable to. 

Is there a way to change ownership/users of the whiteboards? 

I have pulled the whiteboards into pages belonging to the relevant teams BUT this still does not allow me to create y own due to limit exceeded even though they are not for my usage.

Help!

Robert Lübke
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2024

@Andy Gladstone 

We have the same issue as Nicole.

Is there any plan to allow transfer of ownership for a whiteboard? Or do you plan to adjust the handling of "3 active whiteboards per user"?  We pay for 40 active users at confluence and can not edit / update less than 10 whiteboards at the moment.

Or is there anything what we can da right now?

Like Frode Nilsen likes this
Frode Nilsen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2024

@Andy Gladstone I don't think that is correct. Can you please link to some official documentation stating that distinction?

The following link Understand Confluence whiteboards plans and features clearly states 

• Board limits: Three active whiteboards per user. This means that each individual user can own up to three active whiteboards.

There is something wrong with the licensing model here.

In a company you would expect a few people to actually creating Whiteboards, and a lot of people participating.

I quickly ran into this limit of 3 active boards per user, even if we should have access to ~40 boards total.

We need some sort of creator license as in Product Discovery, shouldn't be forced to upgrade to premium as we don't need that other functionality.

We are running on Standard (not Free).

Like # people like this
David Quiram April 10, 2024

@Andy Gladstone I can confirm, I cannot make more than 3 whiteboards. I second @FRod  request for official documentation verifying your claims that ownership wouldn't matter. It clearly does. 

2024-04-10 09_10_42-IT Documentation - Confluence.png

0 votes
Nicole Swanepoel April 22, 2024

I am so frustrated! Please can you allow users to transfer ownership or atleast select which boards can be editable or not - by allowing users to change the 'read-only' options. 

I have created boards for testing purposes and now I am unable to edit a previously created board (which I actually need for work) - I have even deleted a test board to see if it frees up space to edit a previously created whiteboard and it does not. 

There should be an option in the dropdown to say: make board 'read-only' for example. image.png

0 votes
David Quiram April 10, 2024

Disregard this post. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events