Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hover over status Macro for preview of report

Jasmine.Hatherly November 20, 2019

I have set up a project management report dashboard to show the RAG status of various projects as per this article https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/Confluence-Tutorial-Your-First-Project-Management-Dashboard/ba-p/818105 Each status has a description next to it on the report - ideally I would like to be able to hover over the status macro on the dashboard page and see a preview of the description related to it - does anyone know if this if possible please?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

Hi @Jasmine.Hatherly 

As far as I know, there is no such feature in Confluence by default.

We develop Handy Macros for Confluence. Handy Tip is one of the macros bundled in the app. With its help, you can add pop-up tooltips to text, images, emoticons, etc.

You need to highlight the element you'd like to add a tooltip to:

2019-12-02_14h51_48.png

Then click the Insert more content button:

2019-12-02_14h52_11.png

And insert the information you'd like to display in a tooltip in the macro body (text, links, macros, images, etc.):

2019-12-02_14h52_30.png

The tooltip appears when hovering over the status in the page view mode:

2019-12-02_14h51_23.png

Jasmine.Hatherly December 2, 2019

That's really helpful - thanks so much! 

Natalie Paramonova _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

You're welcome :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events