Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat Integration Failure

Kevin Eggleston April 6, 2015

Confluence is running on our Intranet with version 5.6.6. I successfully installed the HipChat add-on plus signed up and created a group on the HipChat site. When I try to preform the integration from our Confluence server I get the error.

Unable to install integration

The value must be an absolute URL

As a test I also setup the add-on with our JIRA instance and tried to integrate it and received the same error as well. I'm wondering if it is because our Confluence/JIRA instances are only internally accessible and have no external access?

2 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2015

Hi Kevin,

Daniel is correct. If you are using the Atlassian Hipchat and not your own Hipchat server, then you must have access to the outside.

When setting up the proxy, also make sure that you put the proxy host name and proxy port to allow the correct communication between Confluence/JIRA and the outside.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2015

The JIRA & Confluence servers will need to be able to make outbound requests to api.hipchat.com. If your networking rules don't allow that - that would explain the errors.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events