Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat Confluence Integration

Daniel Samuels July 28, 2014

Hi Everyone,

Im sorry if these are silly questions, but I am tryng to install HipChat to work with Confluence and having some trouble.

1. How do I show/embed a hipchat room in my Confluence instance? Do I just have to use an Iframe? Or is there a macro?

2. I installed the HipChat Plugin, but so far all I can see is that it allows me to send notifications from confluence to a hipchat room? Is that the full extent of the integration (or did I miss something)?

3. Also for users - does it use the Confleunce User database? Or do I have to seperatly add each one of our users and they create an account in Hipchat, so they then have two seperate accounts - one for Confluence and one for Hipchat and would have to log into both to use them together?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Daniel

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2014

Hi Daniel.

I am afraid the current integration is quite simple. Installing the HipChat plugin, Conlfuence will add a message in a HipChat room everytime one of the selected events happen.

There is no need to share users, as the message is posted in a room. There is no way to post a message to a particular user of HipChat.

I am not sure how to embed a HipChat room in Confluence. I imagine one option would be to use the html-include macro to include the room in HipChat web interface.

For further integration you could try developing your own plugin and user HipChat's API to produce the desired actions.

Daniel Samuels July 28, 2014

Hi Alex,

Fair enough. I'll jump over to JIRA and add these as 'New Features' for the future of HipChat.

Thanks for clarifying for me!

Best,

Daniel

0 votes
Alexandre Tumlinson May 11, 2016

I'm using iframe macro.  It works for Chrome, but not for IE

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events