High-cpu load client-side with viewpdf-macro

Pascal September 10, 2019

I'm on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 with Firefox Quantum 69.0 (my browser of choice ;)

I have several tabs open in the browser. Whenever I click on the tab that shows a page on Confluence Cloud with the Viewpdf-macro on it (view- or edit-mode, doesn't matter) there's a "FirefoxCP Web Content"-process that goes up to 200-250% CPU.  When I click on another tab with no Viewpdf-macro included (e.g. a news site) the CPU-usage of said process drops almost immediately to 5-10%.

It does not seem to be a problem with a particular PDF-file. I can reproduce the behaviour on several pages that each have another PDF on them. The viewpdf-macro does seem to have to work harder for particular PDF-files (in that case the typical Mac "spinner" is shown more than the actual content of the file), but even for pages where the macro has no problems rendering the PDF the CPU-usage still goes way up (as does the fan noise).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hello Pascal,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this.

I've been able to replicate this myself on Firefox in Catalina, and can confirm a CPU spike there as well.

I've reported the issue below:

• CONFCLOUD-67910 VIew PDF Macro on New Editor in Firefox causes CPU Spike

I've included your description of the problem there as well, so it can help if other users encounter the same issue. 

Please vote on the issue by clicking This affects my team, and you will automatically be added to the list of watchers and receive updates on this in the future.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events