Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Excerpts

Helen Griffith June 26, 2014

If I restrict access to a page that is used solely for an Excerpt, can the content of the Excerpt be seen in unrestricted pages?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2014

Nope. Let's say your excerpt page is page A and you want to include it onto page B. If they have access to page B, but not page A they will only see content that explicitly exists on page B. They will get an error message on page B as well saying that they do not have access to the content on page A. If you combine this with the show-if macro in the ServiceRokcet Visibility addon you can avoid the error as well. You would set the show-if macro to the same restrictions that you put on page A.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2014

Did this answer your question?

Helen Griffith July 1, 2014

Thanks Davin, yes. It does answer my question... It's a shame as I needed to keep my excerpts hidden from things like the dashboard. These pages do not appear in the space so I don't know why the dashboard displays them. Anyway, we have got around it by bypassing the dashboard entirely.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

Feel free to mark the question as answered.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events