Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Confluence Spaces

Dion Bastian March 28, 2014

My company use confluence mainly as an internal system. However there has been instances where we colaborate with clients. In this instance I am able to restrict their access to other "spaces" in our account.

However they can still see the list of spaces from the "Spaces" dropdown in the menu and the "Site Spaces" list on the dashboard.

Is there anyway that these customers can be restricted to only seeing the list of spaces that they have been granted access to as opposed to the whole list in our account.

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2014

The reason they can see a space is that they have "browse" rights to see it.

Restrictions only work at a page level (and cascade) so although you can hide all the content from a space, you still have the space exposed to them.

You need to work out a way of removing their "can browse this space" rights. Then the space will disappear from the list. (The approach is likely to be "remove everyone's browse rights, then add back only the people/groups that should see it)

anuj__sharma November 6, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Dion Bastian

Is there any way we can hide or deactivate a space temporarily so that users are not able to access without modifying any user related permission.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2016

No, you have to do it with permissions (or an add-on)

anuj__sharma November 7, 2016

ok thanks smile

anuj__sharma November 11, 2016

Lets say , If i do it with permissions

Is there any way i can export or save the complete user permissions of  a space ,  so that i can rollback later easily.

Please Suggest any other way if there is one. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2016

Not really.  Take a screenshot or scrape?

anuj__sharma November 11, 2016

Ok
Screenshot is in my mind for worstcase scenario.

I explored a lot , But i am not able to find any good way .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2016

Yes, screenshots are the last resort.  My other thought was to use the Script Runner to export them to some easy format, but I've not tried it so I don't know if it can be done.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events