Hide user profiless and space group names from particular user group

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Hi all,

We have customers in our confluence with filled in user profiles. However we don't want to show user profiles of others customers. The ideal solution is to show just user profiles of those people who are got permissions to the spaces, which are visible to the customer. E.g. customer got permissions to SPACE1 and SPACE2. Those spaces are visible for user f,g,h,i from all the users a-z. Thus customer should see profiles of users f-i, but not the others.

I am aware of the option that is described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF34/Hiding+the+People+Directory (fake disable user directory for anonymous users or disable it entirely, but that is not the option in my case)

The second issue is we have space group NASA which contains spaces NASA1 and NASA2. The customer have no permissions to those spaces and when he view space directory he is able to see that there is a space group NASA with no spaces in it. Is there a way to not show that group name to that customer?

Thanks in advance,

Alex Suslin

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013
Alex,

Unfortunately there isn't workarounds or third party plugins that would help with that at this time. We'll need to watch the feature request for further updates and see if it will be included on the roadmap.

Cheers
Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Does that mean that even as a developer I cannot create such a plugin, cause of the current product design?

I'm thinking about temporary solution - modify velocity template of a profile page in a way that it will be rendered just for a particular group. Do you think if that may work?

1 vote
AlysonA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

Hi Alex,

I'm afraid that is not possible to achieve out of the box. There's currently a feature request being tracked at CONF-1882 for that. What you can do however, is restrict anonymous users from viewing any user profiles as shown here.

Cheers.

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2013

yep thanks I've already voted for that request. The situation is that there are no anonymous users in our company's confluence.

Alex Suslin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

Is it possible to achive with the help of custom addon?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events