Hide some content of a page in editing view ?

Hi (an sorry for my english),

Would there be a way to hide some content of a page, but only in edit view? So that defined users could be able to see the entire content of the page in normal view, but not be able to edit the concerned parts?

I've tried the visibility plugin but with no result (i'm able to hide some content in normal view, but not in edit...). I'm not even sure that there's a way to achieve this.

I'm trying to make the edit view the most "simple" as possible, because the page layout (ex: sections and colums macros, etc) could confuse some of my users. I think i can't do this with template variables, due to the amount of text the users should be able to add.

Any help would be apprecated...

Thanx in advance.

4 answers

Hi Paul,

There's not really such a good way to do so, but you might consider copying and pasting the content (using the source editor plugin) into a user macro (and setting it to visible only for administrators). That's the only way I know of that you could do what you asked. Just be aware that if you have to do this for a lot of pages you will have a ton of user macros... Not exactly ideal, but there you have it.

Best regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen.

Thanks a lot for your answer and the tip. I'll give it a try.

Thanx again.

Hello Paul, there is one way to enclose content in a separate macro which can keep customers away from editing such, the only risk would be to have the macro itself removed from the page:

There is a Macro called Excerpt Include which can pull content from another page into the target one, and one can assign edit permissions to the originating page.

Hope this can be a solution.

I tried this this morning, with the include page macro. It worked, but not rendered properly some parts of the layout. I'll give a try to the excerpt one. Hoped a "hide" macro would have done the job better.

Thanx a lot anyway.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,931 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you