It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hide categories in Confluence page

Hi All,

I would like to hide categories in Confluence page for all the people that have access on that, except for the confluence admin.

Can you help me,please?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

For everyone that will find the same problem, dont worry. Im sharing a secret with you :)

#if ($userAccessor.hasMembership('confluence-administrators', $helper.action.remoteUser.name))

#else

<script type="text/javascript">

AJS.toInit(function(){

AJS.$('#space-labels-list').hide();

AJS.$('.aui-nav-heading').hide();

});

</script>

#end

0 votes

Hello Francesco,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you.

Are you referring to Space Categories in the Space Directory or the labels on the pages? 

It depends on your Confluence version, but something like this would require you to modify the Confluence source code directly in order to hide specific sections from your users. If you can let me know your Confluence version and exactly what you want to hide, I can try to find a solution for you.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

Yes it was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks but I found a way to do it. 

You're welcome, Francesco!

Feel free to share the way you found to do it; it might help other users who want to do the same.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

227 views 3 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you