Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hide Entire Table by default and show relevant rows upon free text filter search

My page structure is as below.

ParentPage
-ChildPage1 --- TableExcerpt(Table1)
-ChildPage2 --- TableExcerpt(Table2)
-ChildPage3 --- TableExcerpt(Table3)

Requirement:
1. There should be free text search option to be displayed in the Parent page, no other information.
2. When user enters the search, it should display the table(s) contents from child page(s) accordingly.

What I did:
I added a table transformer macro in parent page (to combine all tables) and added a free text filter. With this logic, my requirement #2 will be satisfied, but requirement #1 will fail. Coz it listed the entire table contents (Table1+Table2+Table3) by default in parent page. 

Suggestions Please ??

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi @Sooraj S Padmanabhan ,

Please go to your Table Filter macro where you have your Free Text filter and navigate to the Table View tab:

Wed 2-1.png

Set the number of rows to show if not filtered to "0":

Wed 2-2.png

You'll show only your filters and the table header without any rows by default (if the filters are not applied).

If you filter (search for) smth, then the corresponding rows will be revealed:

Wed 2-3.png

Hello Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_

Thank you so much for your advice. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Just curious: 
Is it possible to NOT show the table headings? 

capture.JPG

Unfortunately, we don't provide such function: the header row is a significant part of tables in Confluence, besides it should be always visible to apply live filtration:

Wed 2-4.png

And there is always some risk that users won't understand that there is a hidden table that they need to filter using the filtering panel.

So our customers often show the original tables but use pagination inside the Table Filter macro to make them readable and not so big.

Sorry, just want to clarify again.. 

I was only asking if if there's a way to hide the headers when no filter is applied. 
When the user types on the free text filter, it makes sense that headers and corresponding rows of the table will be displayed. 
-

No, there is no any way to hide the table headers.

Like Sooraj S Padmanabhan likes this

Got it. Hope there are considerations on this in future.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

🥓🙅🏻‍♀️ Meet-less May Badge!

Hello Confluence Community!  What if i told you that you could have a healthier life and be 100% meet-less? This month, we're promoting a healthy, balanced work diet with Confluence. We la...

205 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you