Hidden page content in Edit mode

Dan Moran July 15, 2014

We're testing a conversion of downloaded Confluence 3.5.7 to downloaded 5.5.2 (we want to go to OnDemand 5.5.2) , and when I click Edit on some of the 5.5.2 pages, all I get besides the page title is a blank, gray screen. No text, task bar, error message, buttons... This seems to occur for some - but not all - pages in certain areas of a Space.

Could this be a conversion error?

3 answers

0 votes
Dan Moran July 27, 2014

I tried to Answer my own Question on July 22 and Accept it, but apparently that didn't work. I'll try again now, but I see no button / link that will let me Accept this.

0 votes
Dan Moran July 21, 2014

As a test, I copied the text from one of the 3.5.7 pages that could not be edited in 5.5.2 into a new 5.5.2 page, and that page could be edited. This showed me that there was nothing wrong with the data on the page and nothing wrong with any Confluence settings. What the problem is, I don't no - I still suspect it was an error during the conversion.

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2014

Hello Daniel, there have been instances where the component for the editor was disabled, would it be possible to go to Confluence Admin > Manage Add Ons > (Select System in the dropdown menu) > [Search for Atlassian Editor Plugin] > [Check if the add on is enabled].

Further to this we do have a list of possible causes for issues with the editor after this jump. I would look for any custom code like a javascript in the header within Confluence first, than see the remaining items.

Hope it gets you on the right track.

Dan Moran July 16, 2014

Hi Guilherme,

Thanks for responding. I checked the Settings you suggested and everything seems OK. There's only a very small percent of pages that display correctly but show nothing in Edit mode. For one of these pages, I copied the text from the original 3.5.7 page and pasted it into a new 5.5.2 page. It displayed correctly AND showed all text in Edit mode. So I further suspect that it was a conversion problem somehow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events