Hey Atlassian where is Confluence development?

Aleksey Shirokih
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 27, 2019

Several latest release notes looks like joke. Nothing added and minor fixes.

No visual refresh for latest years.

Is project discontinued ?

3 answers

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2019

@Aleksey Shirokih  Looks like it's mostly discussions panel :) . 

So as I see we have 2 way for the unresolved  features requests.

As community members, can we review exist situation with exist issues and vote/comment. After that suggest a new features if it is needed. 

About  bugs pretty interesting situation, as they (I mean vendor) can deliver faster bugfixes 

@Sergey Papurin @DPKJ  @Craig Castle-Mead  Are you in for the review exist queue of features and get constructive feedback to the vendor? 

Hope it helps

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2019

@Gonchik Tsymzhitov  This reviewing can be a great solution.

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2019

@Aleksey Shirokih  This is not really the case, the feature delivery per release have reduced but if you will look carefully you will see that releases are more frequent. This is beauty of Agile.

+---------+--------------+
| Release | Release Date |
| 7.0.1 | 10 September |
| 7.0.2 | 01 October |
| 7.0.3 | 15 October |
| 7.0.4 | 28 October |
| 7.0.5 | 12 December |
| 7.1.0 | 04 November |
| 7.1.1 | 02 December |
| 7.1.2 | 12 December |
| 7.2.0 | 12 December |

Aleksey Shirokih
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 28, 2019

Hi. they are frequent but empty from features side.

i have to protect payments for confluence every year since 2012. And finds that is much harder to do recent years.

For me it seems that the are at most two people writing confluence server on day to day basis.

Sergey Papurin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2019

May be other developers work on Cloud Version? It's just a business, not Agile. 

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2019

There has been a major release (7) come out this year with some significant under the hood changes. The UI for all products have been progressing towards ADG3 (Atlassian Design Guidelines) https://atlassian.design/ 

A stable UI for a product is not a bad thing, functionality, performance, security and flexibility can all change while having a consistent interface. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-7-0-release-notes-973479448.html for the Confluence 7 release notes.

CCM

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events