Help! Please! Confluence Filter Macro throwing View error to everyone but myself

Don Lorenzetti September 13, 2016

I am using the "filter results" to display a table report on our Confluence page that lists any issues we have in Service Desk that we have made Issue Type "General Issue".

Goal is to have endusers go to the Confluence page first to check by the table list (per above) and see if a Global/General Issue exists before entering a duplicate issue in Service desk.

I created a filter in Service Desk which correctly shows the content inside of service desk.  Test End Users can reach and view that filter via a link on the confluence page.  But I am the only person that can see content populated in the table on our confluence page.

Other End User get this error:

There are problems with the current configuration for this gadget. The errors below may have been caused by the deletion of entities required by the gadget or by changes to your permissions.

• The selected filter filter-22867 has an error: A value with ID '15606' does not exist for the field 'project'..

The filter linked to the "filter results" macro on Service desk is open to Everyone, The Permissions on the Confluence page are allowing view, edit and all other admin options even to Anonymous.

I can see it but all others even Agents of the Service desk get the error type above.....

Any help greatly appreciated or suggestions on how to build a General Issues Table on Confluence pulling data from Service Desk.  Only way working right now is to have endusers click a link on Confluence which goes to the actual fiter report in Service Desk.

Thanks!

Don

2 answers

0 votes
Don Lorenzetti September 14, 2016

Thanks if that were true then why can they alternatively click the URL link to the filter that creates the table on confluence and be able to see the full info?

That filter exists in the project the info is out of.....

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2016

If it works for you and not for others, it's almost certainly permissions.

As your filter is returning "doesn't exist" for a project ID, I would say that other users don't have the rights to browse the project you have selected.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2016

Are the other users logged into Confluence, or just viewing the page as anonymous?

Don Lorenzetti September 14, 2016

Both logged in and anonymous can not see the table report on Confluence.  They can click a URL link to the filter behind the table and see all of the information/table fully.  Thats why I am baffled as I dont think its a permissions issue.   By the way in Confluence I have opened all access fully to everyone including anonymous visitors.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events