Header Garbled

After an upgrade to version 5.5, the header bar menu is all mixed up (drop down menu is white, search field is out of place, etc.). In the header, this is type displayed: "menuMacros_renderGlobalBrowseMenu()

2 answers

I am experiencing the same problem, were you able to resolve the problem? If so, how?

Thanks.

Hi Phillip, No, I did not. I ended up rolling back to my previous version 4.2.2. I suspect it's something to do with third party Plugins (there are many I use that have not been updated to support version 5). Once they are; I will try again.

UI problems could be mostly related to two things:

• plugins
  • browsers

In order to identfy what is the problem you can use safe mode to disable all plugins and check if the issue is the same .. and switch to a different browser.

This will say what could be a potential problem.

If this is a plugin problem the just enable one by one and verify if the issue is still there. After few attemps you should be able to identify the problematic plugin. If this is a browser then first you can clear the cache and if this will not help the workaround is to use another browser and report a issue to Atlassian.

Mostly there are problems with IE browser.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

372 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you