It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hashtag in Confluence

Hello! Using hashtag in Confidence, it is possible?

2 answers

Hi Elena,

Try using labels for the pages, that's the closest to hashtags we have in Confluence.

Yes, we know about it. 

But hashtags can be more useful, because we can find information in all space, and do it in a text.

Maybe we can use plugins for it? 

I think you've missed the point of Sana's answer.  Labels in Confluence do pretty much what hashtags do in other software.

I second the request. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-29689

I've commented on main issue for my current use case. It anyway became a de facto standard.

Actually I now am in a position, where I want to put a hashtag on a comment to a Confluence page so that I can find this comment easier later (we are discussing some potential future roadmap feature added to the functionality described in the confluence page).

Putting a label on the page itself won't solve my need.

Labels on a page is the closest you can get. 

Or use the "link to this comment" to put a url that jumps to the comment in whatever tool you use for bookmarks or looking for things.

Yes, I know I can create a confluence page and add links to comments there. It would have been much more intuitive, if I could just use hashtag and that page with list of links to comments is automatically generated for me.

And labels do exactly that.

I absolutely need that hashtag. I need the ability to add hashtags for all the references to products or features throughout the documents and have a single widget on a page retrieving all the mentions of the hashtag so I can easily track the information about the product or feature. 

That is exactly the functionality that labels provide.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,435 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you