HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden

Oday Rafeh June 20, 2022

Hi there, I am trying to upgrade confluence from 7.5.0 to 7.13.7 

and when I tried to  Download confluence using this command 

wget https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/Confluence/downloads/atlassian-Confluence-software-7.13.4-x64.bin

I am getting the HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden

wget https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/Confluence/downloads/atlassian-Confluence-software-7.13.7-x64.bin
--2022-06-20 15:13:45-- https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/Confluence/downloads/atlassian-Confluence-software-7.13.7-x64.bin
Resolving product-downloads.atlassian.com (product-downloads.atlassian.com)... 13.227.222.189, 2600:9000:21c7:a400:1f:ab86:b4a:17e1, 2600:9000:21c7:aa00:1f:ab86:b4a:17e1, ...
Connecting to product-downloads.atlassian.com (product-downloads.atlassian.com)|13.227.222.189|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2022-06-20 15:13:46 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Any Ideas why this happineing 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2022

Hi @Oday Rafeh ,

Welcome to Atlassian community .

Yes, the above url did not work for me either and you are hitting a non archived version. Also, the sessions come with a token and expires after a period of time. Could you please try the below its working fine for me. 

wget https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/confluence/downloads/atlassian-confluence-7.13.4.tar.gz

I hope the above info helps. Have a good day!

Thanks,

Srinath T 

Oday Rafeh June 20, 2022

Very thankful for your help that worked fine 

Like Srinatha T likes this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2022

@Oday Rafeh , Glad to hear that the link helped. Let me check the other issue you have now

Thanks,

Srinath T

Like Oday Rafeh likes this
0 votes
Oday Rafeh June 20, 2022

@Srinatha T 

iam getting this issue now 

Extracting files ...
confluence/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins-setup/confluence-language-pa

The installation file is corrupted. If it is a download please try it again.
Rolling back changes ...

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
June 21, 2022

@Oday Rafeh , did the download complete fine ? What is the size of the file and you are able to unzip the file without any issue ?

Oday Rafeh June 22, 2022

Every thing went fine thanks for your help and sorry for my later response 

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2022

@Oday Rafeh , Glad to hear that the issue is resolved now. Have a good day!

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2022

@Oday Rafeh , I can not open the above URL. Looks like you have not pasted the right URL?

Oday Rafeh June 22, 2022

I checked it is still IN MODERATION but I can explain it here 

I run the upgrade from 7.13.4 to 7.18.1 on Node 1 and the software started on this Node with no issues - after copying the file to node 2 using this command 

rsync -av user@IP:/opt/atlassian/confluence /opt/atlassian/

the files are copied but are still cannot start the service in the Node 2 

and I am getting errors and I think because in Node 2 the java OpenJDK version is 1.8.0

and in Node 1 ( where the service is running ) the java OpenJDK version is 11.0.

So if this is the problem How I can upgrade the JAVA Open JDK in Node 2? 

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
June 20, 2022

@Oday Rafeh  to make sure the session is valid. You can actually start fresh download on your browser and copy that url and try download. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events