Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML macro on Confluence Cloud?

David Goggin March 6, 2020

I'm a total noob at Confluence, so fair warning. 

I'm using Confluence Cloud. I'm the admin and only user. 

How can I implement the HTML macro suggested in the solution to this post?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-do-I-get-a-link-to-open-in-a-new-tab/qaq-p/1146337

Also, there appears to be some limits to macros on Confluence Cloud that I am pretty confused about. Is there a clear explanation of what is going on here? Or a list of what does not work on Confluence Cloud?

Thanks in advance! 

dgg

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2020

Hi @David Goggin

Whilst the standard HTML macro isn't available, there are alternatives on the app store - such as:

One of these might give you the functionality you need :)

There are some variances in available macros on Confluence Cloud between the Legacy Editor and New Editor - see the full list on this page.

Ste

David Goggin March 8, 2020

Great!  Many thanks for helping a noob!

dgg

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2020

No worries :)

If one of these works - let other users know by pressing the "Accept Answer" button at the top of the answer!

Ste

0 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 6, 2020

You can't I'm afraid.

Confluence Cloud does not permit the HTML macro as it's a security vulnerability to allow users the ability to add things like external javascript.

David Goggin March 6, 2020

Thank you! 

Not the answer I wanted as I was hoping to use this for a personal knowledge base where I am the only user. 

Sigh!

But thank you for the kind response!

dgg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events