It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I get a link to open in a new tab?

Hello

I have added a link that opens an external webpage (not a confluence page).

How do I get the link to open in a new tab vs the same tab?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

You can use HTML Macro for that currently this is only solution as Atlassian guys closed this issue as won't fix.

<a href="https://www.google.com" target="_blank">Google</a>

Here adding value of 'target' as '_blank' will open new tab/window.

Forgot to add if you are site admin and want this behavior for all external links read this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-force-links-to-open-in-a-new-window-213518072.html

As a confluence user, I appear to not have access to the HTML Macro.

However, there is also the option of using the 'Button Hyperlink' macro. This macro provides an option to open the hyperlink in a new window. Using button style 'subtle' renders a button which more or less has the look of a regular link. But it's still a button after all. As many others, I don't understand why this functionality can't be provided for a regular link.

For security reasons Confluence Cloud does not have the HTML macro enabled.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

327 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you